Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Plotting

The plot bunnies were surprisingly helpful and I've thought up a sub-plot for Mandragora, involving family history research and Nazi concentration camps. Light and fluffy it ain't and it's going to take a good deal of research and thought to knock this one into shape, but I think it'll work well with the overall darker tone of the story. Some of the reading I've been doing so far is decidedly sobering, though.

I think the novel is going to need much more planning and note-taking before I'm ready to sit down and write, so in the meantime I'm going to work on a couple of shorter things. The staff at Freya's Bower have been really good to me and I'd like to repay them by submitting a couple of stories for one of their 'Bite' titles. I have Lizard King available again now and if I can finish Feathered Friend, that will be two m/m erotic shorts based on obscure European fairy tales, which might work as a theme.

Added several hundred words to Feathered Friend which is now starting to resemble a story rather than a collection of paragraphs. It's also developing a very similar tone to Lizard King (flippant) so at the moment I'm quite hopeful.

No comments: