Wednesday, July 26, 2006

More rock than roll

In spite of the ongoing heatwave which is making me wilt, I managed to finish off 'Rock and a Hard Place', the story about the ageing rock star, yesterday. Rather amazingly it came in at bang on 6000 words which was exactly the target I was aiming for. And I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out. It's a complete romp from start to finish and really written for laughs. The hero is hiding from himself and it takes the combined efforts of his manager and his supposed boyfriend to make him face up to what he really is.

Now I have two stories with a rock music theme, this one and 'Roll Over' which is a good deal shorter but much steamier. I'm going to sit on them for a while, give them another good edit, and then look at the possibility of submitting them as a matched pair under the title 'Rock and Roll'.

Now if only I could finish off this weather while I'm at it....

No comments: