Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Great news

It's not often I get two acceptances in the same week, let alone on the same day. But that's what happened today, much to my amazement and delight!

First of all the gltb online magazine Velvet Mafia emailed to accept 'Heat Haze' for an imminent issue. It's a naughty-but-fun tale set in a desert, where nothing is quite what it seems.

I'd just written back to thank them when a second email bounced into my inbox, this time from Byker Books who have taken 'Rock and a Hard Place' for inclusion in their Radgepacket - Tales from the Inner City anthology next year. The story should appear either in the second volume in the spring, or if that gets too full too quickly, in volume #3 in the summer. I can hardly wait!

I'll obviously post more details about when and where as soon as I have them. Right now I'm just glowing. It's a nice reward for some very hard work.

2 comments:

veinglory said...

I love Velvet mafia--you are reminding me I sould send them something. They accepted a story of mine ages ago--probably 4-5 years now.

p.s. is that a new banner image, I really like it and the implied pun is clever. :)

Fiona Glass said...

Yes, I'd kind of forgotten the magazine too which is a shame as they put out some great stories.

Yup, new banner, new image. ;) It matches the swanky new website...