Monday, August 22, 2005

Ah, that's better

I finally got going with some writing again after weeks suffering from terminal writer's block. Right up to our holiday I was getting on fine but three weeks away, followed by two weeks catching up on the washing, followed by simply tons of admin, meant I got out of the groove and couldn't seem to get back into it again. But today I sat down with an idea for a new story that I'm quite excited about, and wrote the first 600 words or so. Not much, but at least it's got me through that awful brick wall. I hate not being able to write - I get really irritable and frustrated, and sit staring at page or screen but the words just won't come.

The new story should be a blast. I've set it on Malta again which makes it the third story that particular island has inspired! It revolves around an archaeologist, a newly discovered temple and a young woman who may not be all that she seems. *grins*

No comments: