Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Concentration, or lack of it

Isn't it weird? Give me a whole day to myself, without interruptions, and I can't write a thing. But today, with the decorators in, hammering, humping ladders about, demanding cups of tea and generally getting in the way, I sat down and made slow but steady progress on the cricketing story.

Partly I guess I was inspired by the England cricket team winning the Ashes yesterday. Partly I told myself I needed to finish something for the anthology and simply got my head down. Either way I added over a thousand words and am relatively pleased with the way it's coming along. 'War and Peace' it is not *grins* but it's a lighthearted romp and I'm hoping it will at least be different from all the baseball, basketball and US football stories that'll probably be sent in.

No comments: