Monday, September 19, 2005

Yes, another one...

I've started a new novel. Yup, another one, and no, I still haven't finished the last one. LOL.

But it's looking ever more likely that we'll be moving house soon, and it's going to break my heart because I just love my current home. So I started thinking about the things we do for our partners, and the things we have to give up for love, and I wondered whether it's always the best thing, or whether it stores up problems for later on. And lo and behold! another novel was born. I've made some changes to the basic concept in order to protect the guilty. *grins*. We'll be moving from a big city to a small provincial town but in the novel the main character does it the other way round, leaving behind the cottage he bought with a bequest from his grandmother and moving to the big, crowded, dirty, noisy city to be with his lover.

I won't spoil the surprise by saying what happens next, but suffice it to say that love doesn't necessarily conquer all. I'm calling it 'Give Me to Drink Mandragora' which hopefully suggests its dark mood as well as hinting at the problems caused by uprooting.

I've only done part of the first chapter so far but I'm hoping to get further with it before we go off on holiday at the end of the week.

No comments: