Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vampires

I've just finished a short story about vampires which I'm hoping might make it into the new issue of Forbidden Fruit. It involves Gilles de Rais, a fifteenth century French nobleman who by all accounts was a thoroughly bad lot involved in devil worship, child sacrifice O.o and goodness knows what else! You'll be pleased to know no children were sacrificed during the writing of the story *grin* and I've kept the plot strictly to the vampire part of his exploits.

Blurb: Dave is baffled when his long-time friend and hoped-for lover Giles suddenly decides to go to Italy on a whim. Meanwhile, a world-famous archaeologist is opening a sarcophagus in a remote vault under the Vatican.... *Cue doom-laden music* LOL

Want to read the rest? You'll have to wait till September, I'm afraid. But I'll keep you all posted on whether it's accepted or not.

No comments: