Monday, August 14, 2006

Focus

I really need to focus more. I counted up last night and found I have eleven works of novella-length or more in progress, and don't look like finishing any of them soon. Sigh. Fair enough, one or two are very old and a couple more have stalled big time after I hit snags with the plot, but that still leaves about six that I could and should finish. The trouble is choosing which one to go with. All of 'em are reasonably entertaining, with a bit of luck and hard work all of 'em could potentially be sold. So how do I work out which one to concentrate on? Quick answer - I don't. I take out my oldest novel, which I've been writing on and off for the last five years, and potter about with that again in the hope that something suddenly falls into place and I get momentum on one of the others. And if all else fails, the old novel might even be kicked into shape yet. Anyone looking for space opera? LOL

2 comments:

Emmy Ellis said...

What?! You have all those books unfinished!

Whooo me! I'm happy now, knowing they'll all eventually be available for my eyes to devour.

Yippee!

:o)

Fiona Glass said...

LOL!!! Now I have even more reason to finish at least one of them. :D