Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Cold - and ouch.

It's suddenly turned wintry here - there's a thick white frost on all the lawns and roofs and according to iGoogle's weather gadget, it's still only -2c at eleven o'clock in the morning. And there may be snow on the way.

Normally I'd go out for a good walk to warm up but earlier this morning I managed to fall down stairs. I landed awkwardly with all my weight on one big toe and it bloomin' hurts! I don't think it's broken but I can't put any weight on it or get any of my shoes on. Currently I'm hobbling around with an extra sock on that foot for a bit of warmth.

Ah well - it gives me the perfect excuse to stay in and write....

4 comments:

Merry said...

Oh, dear, that sounds awful! You might have cracked your toe - I did that as a kid by stubbing it on an iron Victorian bed leg. Hobbled around in a slipper for a couple of weeks until it sorted itself out.

Snuggle under a blanket on the sofa and relax!

Merry

Fiona Glass said...

The blanket sounds like a great idea. :)

And hubby says he'll take me to A&E tomorrow if it's still bad...

S.M.Bidwell said...

Any excuse to put your feet up! LOL. Joking aside, I do hope it's not serious. It's one of those annoying injuries where you can't immediate tell.

Fiona Glass said...

Thanks hon. Still hobbling today - you can all call me Hopalong. :P