Sunday, February 27, 2011

One more to go

This morning (taking my writer friend Bill's advice to make the most of Dave's absence) I finished the second to last story for my crime anthology. This one's about a schoolgirl and a kettle, loosely based on a recent headline in the news. With fourteen stories ready and waiting I could send the collection in now, but I'd rather have fifteen stories - it's a nice 'round' number and probably represents better value for the readers, assuming I get the thing published.

Which means there's only one more story to go. I have two in mind as possibles, one about an amnesiac which is further along but proving difficult, and one about a mad axe man with a difference which is great fun but still in the early stages. Hmm. Decisions, decisions. I guess in the end it just boils down to working on whichever one I get inspired by most. Whichever it is, I'm now very hopeful that I could have a working product to submit to publishers by the middle of March.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Hi Fiona. I didn't hear from you so I assume you didn't write a flash piece for my challenge. If you did, please advise.

Fiona Glass said...

Blast! I forgot the deadline was end of February. *sulks*