Friday, January 11, 2013

One hundred and twenty five words

That's how much I wrote yesterday.  Doesn't sound like much, does it?  It doesn't feel like much, either, but it does represent progress because they're the first words I've written, on anything, since before Christmas.

I always find it hard to concentrate on work over the holiday season, what with all the preparations, shopping, travelling, and spending time with friends and family.  This year has been even worse as I've had not one but two nasty bugs to contend with, and haven't felt like working for weeks.  So although it doesn't sound like much, I'm actually quite pleased to be scribbling again.

The current project is a noir romp (if that isn't a contradiction in terms), which I'm hoping to submit to a publisher in Italy once it's finished.  Wish me luck, and here's hoping I'll be writing a bit more than 125 words a day from now on.  Two hundred would be nice...

No comments: