Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Off to sunny (?) Brighton

I'm busy packing ready for my trip to Brighton at the weekend, to attend the UK Meet 2012 convention.

This is an annual event aimed at readers and writers of, and anyone the least bit interested in, gay fiction. This year, it's being held at the Hotel Mercure in Brighton, and the last I heard there were well over sixty people coming along to meet up, chat, swap notes, buy, sell and sign books, and generally have some fun. It's not all pleasure, though, because there are plenty of panels and talks, guest speakers and one-to-one sessions with authors arranged as well. I'll be reading out the first 150 words of my latest book at the Novel Openings panel, and hope to attend a session on marketing without losing the will to live.

I'm likely to be away from my desk, and possibly even a computer, for several days while we travel down and back. But as soon as I am back, I'll report on how it all went. There may even be photos. And if you're attending too, I'll see you there!

I just hope it stops raining long enough for me to wear my Necessity's Door t-shirt...

No comments: