Monday, June 11, 2012

House move imminent

We're on the edges of our seats today, waiting for confirmation that we've exchanged contracts with our buyers in Birmingham. Once that happens, we're targeting a completion date (ie, actual move) of end of June, which is *gulp* less than three weeks away now.

The next couple of weeks are going to be hell, quite frankly, as we try to clear as much stuff out of the house as possible and transport it north, or to the nearest charity shop, or to the local tip. Stuff is being, er, stuffed into boxes, and promptly lost - I've already lost track of my business cards, which I quite thought I'd packed in one carton but must have left somewhere else. And all this is before we even let the removals men loose on the place to pack the bulky items and furniture.

I've been through more house moves than you've had hot dinners so I really ought to be used to it by now, but it never seems to get any easier. So if I disappear for periods over the next few weeks, please bear with me. I might be travelling with yet another car-load of stuff. I might have disappeared head-first into a box. Or I might have packed my computer and forgotten which box it's in. It's all good fun...

No comments: