Monday, January 25, 2010

More submissions

Just before Christmas I noticed that I had no outstanding submissions whatsoever - I'd heard back on every story I'd sent out during the year. It's hard enough getting work accepted at the best of times but it's impossible if you never send it out, so one of my New Year's writing resolutions was to get posting and emailing.

So far I've done quite well. I've sent out seven stories, with an eighth due to go out later this week, and it's not even the end of January yet. Of course one came back almost immediately which puts me back down to six, but that's still better than none.

Stories I've submitted include a paranormal romance novella to QueeredFiction, that minotaur story I was so pleased to finish, a gritty contemporary to the Mslexia short story contest (where it's got about as much chance as a snowflake in a volcano, but still...), and The Boyfriend From Hell to Flash Me Magazine.

The results should start bouncing back to me in a few weeks' time and as usual, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

georgina said...

Hi Fiona,

I found myself in the same position at the start of this year, but I've yet to get any stories sent out except my Mslexia entry - which always seems like a waste of the entry fee, but still you never know!

Good luck with all your subs.

I found your site via once there was. Hope it's okay if we link you on the blogroll.

All the best,

Georgina

Fiona Glass said...

Good luck with your entry too - and I know what you mean about the fee. ;)

And yes - link away!! I've only just discovered Once There Was...