Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wot no Time Team?

You've probably guessed by now that I'm not a big fan of winter. I don't like the long dark nights, I don't like the cold, and I especially don't like ice on the roads and pavements. Roll on spring. One thing that usually makes this time of year bearable is the reappearance of Time Team on Channel 4. It's one of my favourite programmes and I always look forward to the new series starting in early January and running until March, by which time the weather is usually better and the nights starting to draw out.

But this year there's no sign of it. I've searched the tv listings magazines in vain, I've scoured the Channel 4 website, I've even been onto some of the tv forums online. And apart from vague rumours of a new series, there's not a single peep - and nothing at all from Channel 4 themselves. It's very odd. Assuming there really will be another series this year, you'd think 4 would want to advertise the fact, even if they've delayed showing it on tv for some reason.

I feel an email enquiry coming on. "Where's my Time Team? What have you done with it?"

No comments: